COME AND JOIN OUR PROJECT.
Your church, temple or synagogue; VFW, American Legion or other military membership support organization; Boy or Girl Scout troop; PTA and high school student organizations and other nonprofit and community organizations can assist the Rotary Club of Montgomery Village and the Gaithersburg Rotary Club in the community celebration of our heroes during the days immediately prior and after Memorial Day weekend. Students may qualify for SSL hours.
If you would like more information about our volunteer opportunities and schedules, please send us an email using the form below or info@FlagsForOurHeroes.org.
YOU CAN HELP US WITH THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Assembling flag poles and prep activities for installation in the Field of Honor
- Planting assembled flags in the Field of Honor
- Attaching the medallions to the respective flagpoles in the Field of Honor
- Preparing the Field of Honor for the Opening Ceremony (Saturday at 11 a.m., Memorial Day weekend)
- Assisting individual and corporate sponsors and visitors to the Field of Please locate the flags displayed for their honorees
- Attending the Closing Ceremony
- Removing medallions from the flagpoles and organizing them for return to the individual and corporate sponsors
- Removing flags from the Field of Honor, disassembling the flag poles and placing them in the storage pods
- Cleaning up Field of Honor
We would love to have you on our team.
Please download and print the pdf forms you may need to acquire the appropriate new sponsorships.